Monday, November 25, 2013

Travel - Fat Radish - New York

It has been on our side bar must do list in New York since forever,
but it was writing about The Leadbelly that made me realize that I haven't written about the Fat Radish.


There isn't a day that goes by I don't think about their dukkah on flat bread!!

Dukkah what?

Bought dukkah at Ottolenghi in London after I saw a recipe in their book.. and just had to have it!
Didn't know what it exactly was or what it tasted like, of what its uses for but the ingredient list sounded very promising!

So I played around with it,
but it wasn't until I tasted The Fat Radish Dukkah on Flatbread dish
that i had a Dukkah revelation!!!


Dukkah mixed with olive oil, salt flakes, flat bread,
It was like salty healthy nutella!!

Words cant descibe it!
But let me tell you!

Not a day goes by! Not a day!!

short recipe to make it
For the dukkah
70g hazelnuts, with their skins
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp dry green peppercorns (or white, as an alternative)
3 tbsp coriander seeds
1½ tbsp sesame seeds
½ tsp nigella seeds
½ tsp Maldon sea salt
1 tsp paprika



So exept for the dukkah ( that got me hooked in a sec) I actually love everything about this place!
Amazing dishes, seasonal, market to table vibe, beautifully decorated, great little touches here and ther ( a bike, those truckers cap, a fat radish as a starter and some great piece of artwork

Put this place down on your must do list!!







































To Eat
Check some of their recipes online:




No comments: